Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
All submissions must meet the following requirements.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- All co-authors have agreed to this submission and are happy to have their details entered into to the online journal system during the submission process. Note that co-authors are not automatically registered as users.
- The manuscript has been prepared in Microsoft Word file format using the template provided.
- New Zealand English spelling is used throughout (e.g. colour not color; analyse not analyze), and grammar, punctuation and spelling have been checked by a native English speaker.
- Add Greek letters and other common symbols using the 'Insert symbol' function in Word wherever possible. DO NOT use a Maths function to add symbols into the main text unless the symbol cannot be inserted directly.
- All species names are written in italics and are cited in full with authorities at first mention in the Abstract and also in the main body text. Thereafter, within paragraphs, the genus name may be abbreviated to a single letter, providing there is no possibility of confusion among genera.
- All figures and tables are included in the text body, and referred to in the correct order. Each figure is also submitted as a separate file in .jpg, .png or .tiff file format.
- All sources of funding have been acknowledged in the Acknowledgement Section. Permission has been obtained from all individuals and organisations listed in the Acknowledgements.
- The authors have obtained permission from the appropriate source(s) to reproduce any personal communications and/or previously published images, and these are acknowledged.
- All references provided in the reference list are publicly available and are all cited in the text. All citations in the text are listed in the reference list. The references are formatted according to the NZJFS style.
- The URL and date accessed has been provided for all reports and web pages cited.
Authors of articles published in New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science retain the copyright of their articles and are free to reproduce and disseminate their work. Authors may also grant any third party the right to use the article freely as long as its integrity is maintained and its original authors, citation details and publisher are identified.
All articles published by New Zealand Journal of Forestry Science are made freely and permanently accessible online immediately upon publication, without subscription charges or registration barriers.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.